How Well Do You Know Me? {Tag}

by | 20 November 2017 | Life | 35 comments

A few weeks ago, my good friend Sarah tagged me for the Blue Sky Tag, so I thought I’d slip this little post in here today for your enjoyment. Consider it a little ‘get to know me better’ sort of thing.

These questions are totally random (and some of them had me groaning over them for a long time before they were answered) but I hope you enjoy them anyway. See how many of these answers you can guess before reading them. 😉

Thanks again, Sarah, and let’s dive right in!

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

I like to think that I already have a superpower—the ability to craft stories. 😛 As a friend said last week when we were talking:

“Not all superheroes wear capes. Some just write incredibly fast.”

Aside from that…can I take the superpower to not have to sleep? (I say, as I stay up late writing this blog post. *cough*)

2. What sorts of things make you laugh?

All sorts of things make me laugh. I’m a very laugh-ish person. Accents, jokes, talking with friends. All of those can leave me in anything between giggles and laughing so hard I’m crying.

A few things that make me laugh:
– Jokes.
– Hanging out with friends.
– Everyone around me being smiling and happy.
– Books.
– Funny stories.
– Me making a fool of myself.
– Surprises.

3. If you had to live in a time period different than the present, which would you choose and where?

To be honest, the future doesn’t look like it’s getting any better, so I’d probably go into the past somewhere. All times have their struggles and downsides, but still. Maybe I’ll take just after world war two. That doesn’t sound too bad.

4. What’s your favourite instrument?

I’m going to narrow it down to the instruments I play, because that makes this question a little easier. Flute is nice, however it involves cleaning every single time after I play it. Violin is cool, but can also have problems with strings playing up. Ukulele is an endlessly happy instrument, which is also cool. Guitar is easy because I can just pick it up and play it whenever I want to. Piano can be fun, but I need to actually get back to teaching myself more of it, because otherwise I only have a limited amount of things I can play.

From all that indecisive list…I’ll pick violin probably.

5. How would you react if somebody replied with “K”?

6. If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could only bring one thing, what would it be, and why?

An amphibian plane.

That would have the manual in the cockpit so I could touch up on my flying skills, and plenty of fuel, and radio connection so I could message someone if I crashlanded in the middle of nowhere or something.

Obviously a WWI biplane would be cooler, but an amphibian is more practical.

Honestly, I think I just do these tags so you can all see how geeky I am. 😛 (Well…to be honest, I kind of do, because I do them to share a bit about myself and I am geeky and dorky.)

7. If you had to choose between being a ninja or a superhero, which one would you pick?

(Totally stealing MEM’s question, I know, but it was far too good not to pass on!)

Coming from someone who has just written a novel with superheroes and a ninja…

How dare you ask me this question. xD

Hmm, I’ll take superhero. Because if you’re a superhero then you can also be a ninja, but if you’re a ninja you don’t get the choice of being a superhero as well. I’ll be the friendly neighbourhood Pizza Ninja. 😛

8. If you could have dinner with any 3 people (dead or alive), who would they be?

Ooh dear me. If I could have dinner with any 300 people I would choose all my lovely, wonderful readers and friends because you’re all so amazing and I want to hang out with you. Narrowing it down to 3 is much harder though. I’m going to pick alive people because a) that is actually doable b) it’s easier to pick then. 😛

Nadine Brandes is one…and how about Katie Grace…and for a third…Hope Ann.

Phew. There. Picked three people. Now all the people that I didn’t pick are clamouring through my brain. Help. I just want to have dinner with all of you.

9. Is there a hobby/skill that you’ve always wanted to try but never did?

Hang gliding. I don’t know if that counts as a hobby or skill, but agh. It would be so cool to do it. Just the idea of soaring above the world and experiencing God’s creation in a new and different way. Just thinking about it makes me excited.

10. What’s the worst (or best, depending how you look at it) pun you can think of?

I think my favourite pun to date is the pun I told in my dream. Because it proves that I can be humorous and asleep at the same time, and that amuses me endlessly. It went like this…

Me: *standing in a cemetery*
Me: *leans over toward the person standing next to me*
Me: This situation is graver than I realised.

My subconscious self was groaning and cracking up with laughter at the same time. When I woke up the next morning, that was all that I could remember about my dream and I kept snickering every time I thought of it.

11. Think of a person. What song do you associate with them?

My friend Sarah—the lovely person who tagged me for this in the first place—was the first to spring to mind. As for a song…most probably ‘To The Dreamers‘ by For King and Country. The first time I heard that song, I thought of Sarah, even though I wasn’t entirely sure why.

To the dreamers
Wide-eyed believers
Hanging onto hope by a thread
To the soulful
Heart open hopeful
Keep on charging ahead

That brings us to the end of the tag! I’m not going to officially tag anyone, but you know I love to hear about you. Enough of me, I want to know your answers now. If you want to do this tag, please go ahead! (and drop a link to your post in the comments so I can read it 😉 )

What song do you associate with a specific person? What sort of things make you laugh? Tell me all about yourself!

1. Catherine @ The Rebelling Muse

I loved reading this tag, Jane!

I’ll agree, I would pick the past too. Though I think I would go a little earlier – 1900 sounds good. I really liked your answer to the “K” question 🙂 And I’m groaning over that pun….

Yay, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! 😛

Ooh yes, 1900 isn’t bad either. My only reservation was the world wars to be honest. 😉

I’m pretty sure EVERYONE is groaning over that pun. XD

2. Hope Ann

I am quite willing to host you for a dinner if you ever happen to be heading in this direction. 😉

And that joke in your dream… Oh dear. XD

Yess. <3 If I ever come by I'll have to drop in for dinner. *nodnod*

Hehe, I still giggle every time I think about it. xP

3. Kate Flournoy

Ooh… I may steal this tag. 😀
    Songs I associate with people… too many. 😛
    The sort of thing that makes me laugh… honestly, I laugh really easily. There are lots of different kinds of laughs though, and to really and truly make me spontaneously laugh, it’d probably be some killingly clever play on words or an unexpectedly humorous twist.

Please do! I’d love to read your answers! 🙂

Laughing really easily is a good talent to have. 😛 And ooh yes, both of those will leave me laughing too. XD

i loved this post because i got to know you better! <3 some things that make me laugh are good jokes, corny jokes, me being a klutz, watching animals do funny things (i ride horses, and they are pretty cute when they play around), and sometimes funny things my characters do in my books. 🙂

Eep, I’m so glad to hear that, Jenna. ^.^
      Aw yes. Animals playing around are so adorable. <3

• Jenna

just wanted to make sure; you said we can use these questions in our own blogs right? and if we do, are we allowed to tell other people they can use it too? i’m planning on getting a blog up soon, so i just wanted to make sure 🙂

Oh yes definitely, feel free to steal all these questions! That’s absolutely fine. 😀

• Jenna

thank you!

5. Katie Grace

I started giggling once I read the ninja/superhero question because that couldn’t have been MORE PERFECT. Maybe I’ll be your pizza superhero sidekick and we can bring happiness and pizza to all the citizens in the city. xD

And just saying that Nadine is for sure going to Realm Makers and I’m 90% sure so it’s entirely possible to make that dinner happen. *coughcough* I might die of happiness. xD

Ehehe yesss. We can be superhero pizza deliverers. XD I can totally see that actually. 😛

*screams* AGHHH I WANT TO COOOOME. Whyyy are plane flights so expensive?? That would be SO EPIC.

• Jenna

so sorry if i’m cutting in, but is Realm Makers in St. Louis, MO in 2018?!

No, that’s totally fine, Jenna. 😀
          Yep, it is in St. Louis! Are you going?

• Jenna

*gasps and gags* OH MY GOODNESS THAT’S WHERE I LIVE!!! I TOTALLY WANNA GO!!!!!

AHHHH THAT’S SO COOL. You definitely should go!! I’ve heard so many epic things about it. Plus lots of epic people go too and you’d get to MEET them. *flail*

• Jenna

YEAH! I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL SUMMER!!!! HANG ON A SEC, I THINK MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK
                ugh, now i have hiccups from getting excited. 🙂

AW YAAAS. <3 <3
                  Eeep, but yess. That's an epic thing to get excited about though. 😛

6. Jem Jones

THAT PUN *groans*

I totally wouldn’t have guessed that your superhero identity was the Pizza Ninja?? IT’S COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER I MEAN YOU NEVER MENTION PIZZA EVER *cackles* ;P

*giggles* YES. XD

*wiggles eyebrows* I know right? It would be totally undercover and no one would EVER know it was me. XP NO WAY, OF COURSE I NEVER MENTION PIZZA. *more giggles*

7. Sarah

Ack, that pun though! Love it. XD

And YAY, you did it! 😀 *bounces happily* I still love that song heaps ^-^

My favourite pun ever. xD

Yas I did! Excellent questions, if I do say so. 😉 And yess same.

Oh wow! You really do make me crack up sometimes…

What song… Hmm… Um… *spend the next century trying to decide* *100 years later.* You make me think of Superhero… y’know the one. Cos you seem to always… I don’t know. 😛

And lots of things make me laugh. School is not one of them. Herbs on the other hand… *dissolves into laughter*

Anyways, great post and cool tag!

Haha, I’m glad! 😛

Aw, really? That’s so cool. ^.^

Herbs. Yes, herbs are quite amusing things. *sickersnorts*

9. ashley nicole

Wow, this is such a fun tag! It’s cool to be able to get to know you better. I play violin as well! Also, that dream pun is so funny!! haha I think I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Oh and I love To the Dreamers! Probably one of my favorite For King and Country songs! anyway cool tag, it looked pretty fun <3

Thank you!! It was really fun to answer, so I’m super glad to hear that it was fun to read. 😀

Ooh really? That’s cool! How long have you been playing?

I am incredibly proud of that pun. xP

Aw yes, To The Dreamers and Ceasefire are my favourite two of theirs.

Awesome job on the tag, Jane!:) I loved reading your answers, especially the one about the super power, I would love to be able to stay up and write.

Thanks!
      Agh yes, that would be so handy. It’d be so nice to not get super tired while trying to write. 😛

Loved the tag, Jane! I was laughing at the “K” part; that’s what I thought of too!!! XD I laugh at almost everything except jokes; I never can quite get those. :-Z Sarcasm I laugh at though. 😀 I don’t normally associate songs with people, but I think I’m going to do that. Sounds cool. XD

Yay! That’s good to hear. 🙂
      YES. XD Yay for Star Wars nerds. xP

Ooh yes, it’s really fun to think of songs that match people. You definitely should try it. *nodnod*

Ehehe yes saame. xD Good puns leave me snickering. 😛

Absolutely not too late!! I’m so glad you did this.
      *hurries over to check your post*