How To Move On From Your Favourite Book 101

by | 23 August 2019 | Books | 14 comments

Disclaimer: this is a humourous post meant to amuse, not to instruct. You have been warned. ๐Ÿ˜‰

There’s always that one book. That book which you absolutely ADORE, but as soon as it’s over it’s like all the other books have lost their vibrance. All you can think about is this one, precious story. It’s like a hangover, but for books.

If you’ve ever experienced this, don’t worry, this isn’t the end. If you’re stuck in love with only one book and always one book, I’m writing this post just for you.

Reread it

If you can’t get over it…why try at all? Just dive straight back in again at the beginning.

You know you want to do it.

Your TBR won’t crush you. Of course not. Just look at that innocent, teetering pile. How could you ever suspect it? ๐Ÿ˜‡

Sit in the desert and cry

Alternatively, if you don’t have a desert handy, anywhere sad and alone will do just fine.

Find a spot. Go sit down. Cry over the book and how much you love it.

Build a book throne and crown yourself king/queen

Is there anything that building a book throne won’t fix?

Have a sore ankle? Sit on a book throne, it’ll be better instantly.

Behind on a deadline? Become book royalty. Deadlines must bow to you.

Trying to recover from a book hangover? Do it on a throne of books.

Run screaming to your nearest friend and make them read it

Make sure you have the book on you so you can wave it in their face for maximum effect as they try to fend you off. They’ll never be able to withstand you and your feels and your love for this book. They must love it too.

Keep screaming until they do

This may be necessary if your nearest friend isn’t a reader, or is particularly busy or stubborn. Keep persevering because eventually they’ll get sick of you screaming and they will give in.

Cry together. In the desert again.

Look, at least you won’t be alone this time! There’s always a bright side. ๐Ÿ˜‚

What’s a book that you’ve had bookish hangover from? Have you read any new favourites recently? Let’s chat bookishness!!

1. S.F. Dekreel

Every time I read the Wingfeather Saga I always wonder what I ever saw in other books that I like. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Great post!

Agh, I love that series! So good.

And now I want to reread them. ๐Ÿ˜…

Thanks! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. ๐Ÿ˜›

2. Evelyn Kelly

Oh my goodness. XDXD
    Just… yes.

The life of a book lover, am I right? ๐Ÿ˜†

3. Sally

I think I need a photo of you sitting on your book throne or, alternatively, crying in the desert .

I’ll be sure to take a photo next time it happens. ๐Ÿ˜‚

4. Emma Starr

This is too accurate. ๐Ÿ˜€ Also, love the cover picture: sooo many good books right there. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The book that I’m currently trying to get over is A Time To Speak…I’m still recovering. A Time to Rise is on it’s way to my house and it better be here soon! I need some answers!!

Yess, I’m still recovering from all of them and I read them years ago. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nadine’s books always leave me SHOOK.

Eeee, enjoy A Time To Rise!!! It’s worth all the pain of ATTS. ๐Ÿ˜›

I feel like a lot of books seem to just make me continue talking about them NONstop, a few of the books are… Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Voyage of the Basset, Good Omens, Coraline,
    Percy Jackson, Greek Mythology, and as for types of books… books about the Elizabethan times and the American revolutionary war (along with MANY other time periods). I just can’t stop talking about them, so I suppose I will make a book throne of ALL the books I like, and sit on it and try not to act over obsessed about them or quote them while sitting on them. XD

Tolkien fans forever! And those other ones sound great too! I love the Percy Jackson books.

Yes, go make a book throne. There’s no downside to this option. ๐Ÿ˜†

6. Sophia

I totally relate to all these symptoms. I often keep screaming until my brother reads the same book, which always guarantees him turning into an avid fan of it. (Usually more than myself, XD) For my sister, I think I might need to scream more.

I LOVE IT when siblings can be converted into the fandom. They’re the best people for crying over books with, because they’re almost always conveniently nearby when you need to wail to someone. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I wish you luck with your sister. Go forth and scream. ๐Ÿ˜†

7. Mem

OH MY WORD YES. I need a book throne and a desert. These are all very valuable pieces of advice. ๐Ÿ˜€

EVERYONE needs a book throne and a desert, am I right? ๐Ÿ˜